9th Reigate Scout Group | Registered No. 292417
How are we structured?
The Group Scout Leader (GSL) is crucial to making scouting work and run effectively. They are responsible for managing and supporting the group overall and its volunteers to ensure it runs efficiently and that Scouting within the group develops in accordance with The Scout Association (HQ). A team of Section Leaders and Assistants then work under the Group Scout Leader in providing the vital part in delivering an exciting and attractive programme of activities for Beavers, Cubs and Scouts to the community, the leaders are often ably assisted by a team of young leaders and parent helpers in their programme and events.
If you would like to find out more about becoming a volunteer then click here!
A dedicated team of volunteers does not stop there. The Group Chairman and the Executive Committee form the Board of Trustees which support the Group Scout Leader and ensure the effective and correct administration of the Scout Group. The Chairman is nominated by the Group Scout Leader and they work closely together in ensuring the running of a successful Scout Group.
What does the Executive Committee do?
- Ensure the maintenance of the Group’s property and equipment.
- Ensure the raising of funds and the administration of the Group’s finance.
- Arrange the insurance of persons, property and equipment.
- Attend Group public occasions.
- Assist with the recruitment of leaders and other adult support.
Members are either nominated, elected or co-opted and members are the charity trustees of the Scout Group. We aim to include a parent of each of the sections in the group on the Executive Committee and always have an Group Treasurer and Secretary appointed.
At the end of each academic year, we hold an Annual Celebration (AGM). At the Annual Celebration we achieve the following things:
- Celebrate the successes of the group in the last year.
- approve the annual accounts
- approve the annual report
- approve the Group Scout Leader’s nomination of the Group Chairman and nominated members of the Group Executive Committee.
- elect a Secretary and